Hi everyone,

I've not posted to this list before, but i've been a SquirrelMail user for
many months; and recently discovered TMDA when investigating white listing
solutions for myself and a few friends who have accounts on my server.

I wanted to give my users a seamless mechanism to manage their TMDA accounts
through SquirrelMail; so being a PHP hacker I started putting together a new
plugin that is compatible with the latest stable branch of SquirrelMail
(1.4.x) and enables TMDA pre-processing of sent mail without the need for
tmda-ofmipd.

The result is TMDA Tools.  It has never been outside of my server yet, but
i've been careful to make no assumptions about the target system by making
everything configurable.  If anybody would interested in trying it out, you
can download version 0.99 from:

http://www.morison.net/squirrelmail-plugins/tmdatools.html

In brief, it offers:

- X-TMDA header injection (adds a dropdown menu and text box to the compose
mail form)

- TMDA address generator for use outside SquirrelMail (for use on sign-up
forms etc.)

- Edit list files (whitelist/blacklist etc.) from within SquirrelMail

- Manage and safely view (in plain text) pending messages using the familiar
SquirrelMail interface

- Enables SquirrelMail to send email directly via tmda-sendmail (if
required)

I look forward to any comments, and will release 1.00 after it has had a bit
of experience in the wild!

Regards,

David