I run into the following scenario described in the Python FAQ. I know
this is probably a little off-topic and should go into a Python list
but I figured maybe somebody here has come across the same problem:

Q) I'm trying to build the RPMS, but I get:
RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.3-root/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so*
A) You need to have the Tk development package installed. This package
is usually called "tk-devel", and can be obtained from the same place
that you normally find packages for your system.

My problem is that I cannot find a tk-devel package for RedHat 7.3
either. This has been haunting me for a few days now ;)

-Sebastian