Ladies and Gentlemen,

The following envelope sender will cause a Python Exception:
        "St0ckAlertbijfc@"@gmail.com
as follows:
  IOError: failure delivering message to command "('/usr/sbin/sendmail',
    '-i', '-f', 'ganz+confirm', '--', '"St0ckAlertbijfc@"@gmail.com')"
    (command "( '/usr/sbin/sendmail', '-i', '-f', 'ganz+confirm', '--',
    '"St0ckAlertbijfc@"@gmail.com')" exited 67  ())

Since this is an attempt for getting a confirmation from a spammer, this
particular case isn't very important, and I can well understand that
sendmail doesn't like such a sender. However, in a more generic way it
would be nice, if this could be handled without getting an exception.

My question is, is there an easy way to catch such an address before the
sendmaill call fails, such that it could be reported without a bug
report?

Thanks, AG