From: "Monique Y. Mudama" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tmda-users@tmda.net>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: Testing Filters

On 2006-02-27, Stephen Warren penned:

> Alex May wrote:
>
>> 2. Is there any plan to include a function to send the mail in the
>> pending folder back through the filter system as a test of new
>> filters?
>
> I don't know of anyone working on this. If anyone comes up with
> anything, it'd be best posted to the list for everyone to see.

Jason M. actually gave me a quick and dirty script that works on my
system.  This is it, or maybe a modified version of it:

#!/bin/sh

#USAGE:
#When you find a message in your pending queue and
#want to create a rule that will apply to it, create
#the rule and then run this script to test it.

cd ~/.tmda/pending/

#use each .msg as input to sendmail.
#extract the Return-Path and use it as the sender
#mail it off to $USER (yourself)
#move the original pending message to bak

for i in *.msg; do
  /usr/sbin/sendmail -f `cat $i | formail -x Return-Path` ${USER} <
$i;
  /bin/mv $i bak/
done

--