I rarely check my pending queue for my mailbox.  However, I have at
least one client that religiously uses tmda-cgi to check for valid
email.  My system is more of a trashcan.  My client's system is more of
a priority cue (mail that passes TMDA is priority one, quarantined mail
is priority two - sorted through when time is available).  As you know,
quite a few of the messages left in pending are bogus, because they come
from invalid addresses.  This make is very inefficient to try to sort
through.

For this client, I've developed a patch to TMDA that integrates removal
of both confirmation bounces and the source of confirmation bounces.
This integration is done within TMDA itself.  I added the capability to
TMDA for a number of reasons:
* TMDA is far more configurable with much less code than trying to write
a "quick script" to execute
(http://wiki.tmda.net/TmdaBouncedDeletePendingHowto).
* Integrating within TMDA itself gives me easy access to TMDA
infrastructure (ie. logging, hmac generation, etc).
* Integrating within TMDA reduces the fork/exec numbers.
* Integrating within TMDA probably makes the message removal faster than
fork/exec, especially on loaded machines.

Please note:  I could have used something like smtp-check-sender
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tmda/tmda/contrib/smtp-check-sender?rev=1.4&view=auto)
but it has some undesirable side effects.

Anyway, I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to test the patch.
Ideally, at least one of you must have postfix as your MTA.  If you
don't have postfix, you'll pretty much be on your own for making it work
with your MTA.

Please also be forewarned:  I run a *very* exotic postfix/TMDA setup, so
this patch may not work for anyone.  That's one thing I'm trying to
determine as well.

Requirements:
TMDA v1.03
MTA routing knowledge