Hi all.

I have set up a free webmail account for testing TMDA's
challenge/response mechanism.

When I send an email from my webmail account to my normal email address
protected with TMDA, this gets put into the pending mail que by TMDA,
and a challenge/response mail is returned to my webmail account.

So far so good!

When I respond to the challenge email sent out by TMDA to my webmail
account, TMDA is not releasing the original email I sent to it from my
webmail account, but sends another challenge email back to my webmail
account again. This keeps on happening.

if I run /bin/tmda-pending and release the mail from the pending que
it is marked as:

1146949897.6507.msg:3,R

and gets sent to my MUA ok.

The entry in the responses dir for this email is:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yet the reply-to address in the challenge email is:

Your message attached below is being held because the address
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has not been verified.

To release your message for delivery, please send an empty message
to the following address, or use your mailer's "Reply" feature.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is the Reply-To: address field correct?

It seems to have an extra 'cookie-value' in it to me, the .928651 part
before @karsites.net

Should the confirmation Reply-To: address exactly match the entry in
the responses directory above?

If I can get this sorted I should have TMDA up and running soon.

Thankyou

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.