Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I am using tmda with qmail. However, when a challenge is sent to a
> non-existent remote address, my postmaster account receives a "failure
> notice" from my mailer-daemon saying that qmail tried to deliver a
> bounce message but that the bounce bounced.

Use this to control the envelope sender of your outgoing messages. Set
it to an address that either can be delivered to, or is explicitly
/dev/null'd so that qmail doesn't complain:

http://www.tmda.net/config-vars.html#BOUNCE_ENV_SENDER

> Shouldn't bounced challenges be
> caught and the triggering message be deleted from the pending queue?

That idea has been discussed before. TMDA doesn't implement that feature
right now. I believe you'll find some add-on scripts to do this for you
if you search the mailing list archives.