The = works for me, but I agree it would be better to use the command
that Jason gave you. That would be the normal way to run it. If you
are getting errors, its most likely because your config is wrong/incomplete.

You will need to set the CRYPT_KEY_FILE in the config. Thats causing
your error, as it needs to know the full path to it. While you are at
it, I would use full paths for all your settings. The more specific
you are, the less room for error. Also consider using the DATADIR directive.

Set these items, re-run the command, and give us its output if it fails.

Thanks.