Wednesday 20 December 2006 04:07 skrev Stephen Warren:
> Thiago Lima wrote:
> > I Can't make TMDA to look for .tmda directory for virtual users.
> >
> > What looks to me is that tmda-filter is not runnning the script to get
> > the virtual directory.
>
> I think tmda-filter etc. tend to rely on the HOME environment variable
> being set for virtual users. If you have maildrop set this, things might
> work better.

As I understand it, maildrop must call tmda-filter with the -S option
from /etc/courier/maildroprc (or, optionally, an into maildroprc included
conf-file):

to   "| tmda-filter -S /path/to/script"

Check maildrop's logfile to see how maildrop actually handles the mails. I
have configured the logs in this way:

LOGDIR="/home/vmail"
logfile "$LOGDIR/maildroprc.log"
log "Filter start"

So, in my case, the log is in /home/vmail with vmail as user. On a debian
system maildrop does not run a root, but as the user vmail.

Please, report back whether you succeed or not.

Flemming

(If it doesn't work, you may try:

to   "| tmda-rfilter -S /path/to/script"

It is tmda-rfilter that actually uses options. tmda-filter is just a wrapper
with a few expection statements.)