On 2007-01-03, Matthew Tylee Atkinson wrote:
> I'm thinking that I have set up my TMDA slightly incorrectly, as
> messages that have not been confirmed within, for example, 14 days are
> not getting automatically removed from the system.  My .tmda directory,
> therefore, is growing at quite a rate.

  Every time you get a new message, there's a certain probability that TMDA
will do housekeeping.  Look for PENDING_CLEANUP_ODDS in on the TMDA wiki.

> Is there a variable I have to explicitly set in .tmda/config to enable
> the purging of messages that haven't been confirmed within 14 (or
> another number of) days?  How do I purge the messages I've got now that
> are old and haven't been purge (other than by combining ``find'' and
> ``rm'', if there is a way)?

  tmda-pending -bTO 14d
  will give you a list of messages in your queue older than 14 days.
  The leftmost column of that list should be the filename within
    ~/.tmda/pending/

  A bash script like
  for file in `tmda-pending -bTO 14d`; do
    echo rm ~/.tmda/pending/$file
  done

  should do the trick.
  Run it with the 'echo rm' first to make sure that it's not going to try to
drive over your cat and steal your silverware.  Then you can remove the 'echo'
part and it'll actually delete things.

crh