I've finally been able to upgrade from tmda-1.0.3 and am now using
1.1.11.  Thanks to Jason for the kind reminder of the UPGRADE file.

I am still having one problem, though.  If a message is sent from an
unconfirmed address (in my case my gmail account) to my tmda-enabled
work account, the message isn't released from 'pending' even though
the confirm emails go out (and replied to) and the address gets added
to the 'confirmed' addresses file.  The message still shows in
tmda-cgi and is also listed in my pending/ directory.  I also see my
address appended to the confirmed list.  I thought maybe there was a
permissions problem, but the directory is owned by vpopmail:vchkpw and
is set to drwx------.  If I send a follow-up message from this
previously unconfirmed address, the message delivers because it was
added to 'confirmed' but the original is never released.

I'm hoping this is another simple one.  I'm so close to getting there.

Thanks for any suggestions.
-ken