[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> As spammers now routinely spoof mail headers to make it look like I'm
> sending myself email, TDMA seems unable to cope. I have tried putting my
> own email address in the black list but it seems to ignore it.

This should work fine...unless there is something earlier in your
incoming filter that accepts your own address. Remember: first match
wins! Your filter ought to be processing your blacklist before
everything else, but maybe it isn't?

 > (I never
> send myself emails to the same account. I can use different email accounts
> if I need to send myself messages - so blacklisting myself is not a
> problem)

I use a slightly different solution: I blacklist *all* my addresses, on
all accounts. But I have a line in my incoming filter before the
blacklist that explicitly accepts a secret extension address. (You could
use one of TMDA's keyword addresses instead of hard-coding an address
into the filter, but it's difficult to remember the long cryptographic
hash, and usually I want to email myself precisely when I don't have my
email address book to hand.)

If I want to send myself mail, I just send it to that secret address. If
spammers ever started using it to bypass my filter, I'd just change the
address and add the old one to my blacklist. But in all the years I've
used TMDA, I've never had to change it.

HTH,

Toby