Hi there,

I'm configuring my LAN clients to inject outgoing emails into my central mail hub through tmda-ofmipd SMTP proxy at port 8025 (could be anything), so to let them benefit from the "tagged messages" machanism.

I'm using DJB's tcpserver and supervise well understood mechanisms (ucspi-tcp + daemontools packages).

My (simplified) supervise script for tmda-ofmipd is as follows :

   hostname=$(dnsdomainname)
   exec 2> /dev/null

   exec \
       envuidgid tofmipd \
       tcpserver -DUv -l "$hostname" \
           -Xx /etc/tcpcontrol/ofmip.cdb \
           0 8025 *fixcrio* /usr/local/tmda/bin/tmda-ofmipd -f -1 -P -A
   "/bin/checkpassword /bin/true"

I get the following error when trying a telnet client session at the command line :

/*error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel <__main__.SMTPChannel connected at -0x4857f9d4> (socket.error:(88, 'Socket operation on non-socket') [/usr/lib/python2.4/asynchat.py|initiate_send|219] [/usr/lib/python2.4/asyncore.py|send|332])*/

This error disappears by itself if I omit the DJB's fixcrio program, which I'm using for qmail-smtpd.

Since tmda-ofmipd is acting as a protocol-level SMTP proxy server, in a way I thought identical to qmail-smtpd, I thought I could be using fixcrio here too. That is not the case, and one should be careful about this deceptive issue, rather difficult to pin point ;-)

I went thru tmda-ofmipd Python's code and the problem seems linked with the push method of the class SMTPChannel when used in the mode TMDAProxyProcessor(TMDAProxy, SMTPProcessor). I did not go any farther.

Does someone understand the deadly interaction between DJB's fixcrio program and tmda-ofmipd in true one_session mode ?

Thank you.

Dr. Franck PORCHER

PS. TMDA is truly awsome in its way, so elegant. An immense thank to its authors.

--
Franck Porcher, Docteur ès Sciences (Paris VI), Informatique théorique

SMART Technologies                         Les solutions intelligentes
Service et Ingénierie Informatique
Solutions Open Source Linux
1995-2007 : Premier fournisseur en Polynésie française

Tél:      (689) 711 911
Email:    fporcher(at)smartech(dot)pf
Web:      www(dot)smartech(dot)pf