On Jan 6, 2008, at 10:46 PM, alexus wrote:

> i do have [EMAIL PROTECTED], but i though tmda would look at
> "Sndr", not "From", as From: is really easy to spoof

TMDA uses the envelope-sender I believe, not the From address.  Look
at whats in the Return-Path header of the mail in question.

> but regardless, is there a way to prevent this? for this year, i've
> start getting a lot of spam even through tmda :( i'll show you other
> examples later as i deleted them :(
>
> but anyways, is there a way to prevent people spoofing headers
> somehow?

SPF, DK, DKIM, Sender-ID, take your pick.  Or use them all.  :)

You can do this either with explicit support of your MTA or by using
SpamAssassin as a precursor to TMDA.  In my experience, teaching TMDA
to file or discard anything above a certain spam threshold offers
benefits beyond this single case.

Regards,
--
Dave Steinberg