Ayesha wrote:
> I am trying to install manually tofmipd on "debian etch" - I now this
> would be very ridiculous, but can anyone help me on that? the
> instructions is for redhat ones and I am not so experienced in Linux to
> convert them to debian instructions.

Debian used to include a TMDA package. However, as far as I can tell, it
is no longer present. I recall some anti-TMDA zealotry from a particular
Debian user, which may have contributed to this. [Discussion of that
particular topic should be left for a Debian mailing list.]

Anyway, I doubt that installation on Debian is significantly different
from any Red Hat based system. The only obvious differences would be:

* Filesystem layout.
* Startup script that runs tofmipd in daemon mode.

Anyone familiar with Debian should be able to help out with these
issues. Personally, I've never used Debian, so can't help.