On Fri, February 22, 2008 3:55 pm, Brent Spencer wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> I was able to get both Outlook and Outlook Express to work with
> tmda-ofmipd when using stunnel.  Only remaining question is how to stop
> the following message by running tmda-ofmipd as a non-root user.  Any
> ideas are greatly appreciated.

This warning is just a warning that nobody has combed through the code to
search for security issues. However, in my belief, it's quite safe. As
such, you should simply ignore this message. It should not be causing any
issues with the SMTP transaction.

If you really need to run tmda-ofmipd as a non-root user, you'll need to
run a separate copy for each user that is going to connect, and do so on a
different port number (since unless you run it as root, it can't change
user ID to the connecting use to read their TMDA config files). This
probably isn't practical.