Hi,

Having scoured the internet for information I can understand regarding ezmlm, I
am now at the stage where fistfulls of hair are being wrenched from my scalp in
utter desparation!

You are my last hope!

Firstly, let's put all this into context - compared to you guys, my knowledge
of mailing lists is miniscule. In fact, if I could think of another word that
meant 'much smaller than miniscule', that would probably describe it more
accurately.

The problem - My son is a session drummer and for 40 weeks of the year he is on
tour all over the world. He has contact with a lot of fans and friends who want
to keep up to date with where he is and what he's doing. It simply isn't
practical for him to let everyone know individually.

So, I set him up a mailing list on my host - very simple to do and only took 5
minutes in my email control panel. The very simple idea is that subscribers
will send a blank email to his subscribe address, which will then send them an
email back asking them to confirm that they wish to join the list. After that,
Jamie just sends out one email to his list and it's 'job done'.

Right, well, everything works just fine and does what it's supposed to EXCEPT
that the message his mailing list sends to prospective subscribers asking them
to confirm their subscription, includes far too much blurb and all we want to
do is simplify it to say something like... "Please confirm your subscription to
Jamie's mailing list by sending an empty email to......" then the unsubscribe
info - nothing else.

In my naivety I thought there may be a file on my server somewhere that I could
edit this text, but can't find one. So I started to look for info on how to
change this text and WOW it's like trying to read Chinese!

Can anybody help me by explaining in terms that a 5 year old would understand,
what I need to do?

Thanks

John Oliver

Covstock Limited

Registered office:

Unit 2, Napier Street
Coventry, CV1 5PR

Tel: +44(0)24 76592081
mobile: (John Oliver) +44(0)7724 133033
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - John Oliver (Project Manager/Press & PR)

Registered as a private limited company in England & Wales no.6502090

<<covstock.gif>>