--- Begin Message ---
I think this is the best way to deal with pets when having to leave your home. I hate to even think how many pets lost their lives in the hurricanes. I have always said there has to be a place for pets to go separate but I would stay with mind. I would not be in a shelter but inland with me.
--- Begin Message ---
Please support the Pets Evacuation and Transportation
Standards Act ( PETS Act), which would require state and
local authorities to include pets and service animals in
their disaster evacuation plans.  (For those concerned
about allergies, noise, etceteras: evacuated animals would
be sheltered separately from human refugees.)

If you haven't yet contacted your U.S. Representative
about this bill, please go to this web page:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/pets_act_house
<a
href=""https://community.hsus.org/campaign/pets_act_house">https://community.hsus.org/campaign/pets_act_house">PETS_Act</a>

View the text of H.R. 3858 here:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.3858:

LEARN MORE:
http://www.house.gov/shays/news/2005/september/septpet.htm

Thank you, on behalf of those who are unable to speak for
themselves.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---