The Dex letter strikes again. A little late for mailing packages and wrapping presents.

Have you ever sat down and tried to be creative with some of the things you almost always throw away. Like toilet paper cores, paper towel cores.  T.P. cores are great for wrapping small items for a stocking. Underwear, socks, hose, lingerie, etc.

The bigger longer rolls can be used for larger items of course. It is so much fun to stuff a full slip into one of those. Dottie screams at me when ever I do that. (PS That's every year)

I talked to one lady that sent out special cards to her family. Everyone had a different color code in wrapping paper and ribbon. When everyone got to Grandma's house, they all know which packages are theirs. She also said that the color coding made for a beautiful tree. The packages were placed under the tree, but not together. FUN!!!!

One year I gave Dorothy about twelve different items, including several that went together, like a pair of slippers. I wrapped everything separate, and a different color paper. Then, I tied everything together with Christmas string and about 18 inches + apart. Dottie had a ball opening her gifts. The kids even stopped opening and watched her. It was a blast.

Be different. Use boxes of the same size. I also did this to Dottie. The boxes were about 20 inches square, and had several interesting things in them. One box had 100 silver dollars, and another had 50 silver dollars. Some other stuff was in the last three boxes. But all 5 of the boxes were the same size, and wrapped the same way.

Need padding for something? Use the plastic cover your paper comes in. Put your plastic pellets in them and tie the end. Keeps the pellets in one place and easy to handle when the package is opened. Also doesn't use as much as putting the peanuts in loose. In a pinch, three double sheets of your newspaper wadded up and stuffed in one of these plastic bags works great as padding.

Well I don't have any more tips for you. So I will wish one and all the merriest Christmas of all. Also a very Happy New Year.

Dex

P.S. I almost forgot. To save on calories, don't make a pie crust for your pumkin pie. Just put the mixture in a pie pan, and cook as usual. It turns out like a custard and can be cut and served like a piece of pie. No crust, saved calories.

Toodles