Frank,

Thanks for letting us know about the 'sticky switch'. I am going to refer to my temp changes with that from now on. Easier than a loooong explanation.
I'm sorry to hear that your whole body is affected this way.

Heather in Calgary
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Heather & Pieter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <TMIC-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] mechanisms of pain

with this darn hot and cold thing going on with our legs and feet.

Count your blessings.

I have the same thing, but I have it in my arms, hands and trunk too. My left hand is the worst going back and forth from very cold to very hot. my skin actually gets cold and hot

Medication doesn't affect this, as it is caused by the loss of feedback in the spinal cord- sort of like having the thermostat broken (sticky switch) so the temp has to be really high or low before the switch turns off or turns on.

Good luck to us all