In a message dated 1/10/2006 11:30:54 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Bob,
Thanks for the heads up. I don't have Earthlink, but I renewed my Norton Anti Virus Dec 24 (renewal date 1/7/06), received a confirmation and am still being told I did not renew. I've done everything under the sun.  I get a message (or 10) from them everyday - "you have not renewed" etc

Are you having the same problem.
Linda in Bothell, WA

From: "ROBERT COOK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE EARTHLINK.NET FOR YOUR ISP AND USE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS, YOU MIGHT BE UNABLE TO RECEIVE YOUR E-MAIL USING THE TOTAL ACCESS MAIL BOX.  YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR E-MAIL THRU YOUR WEB MAIL, THOUGH.

A RECENT UPDATE OF YOUR NORTON REINFORCES YOUR FIREWALL PROTECTION AND YOUR TOTAL ACCESS MAIL BOX MAY NOT WORK BECAUSE OF THE FIREWALL.

AS ANOTHER SOLUTION, USE YOUR WINDOWS FOREWALL FOR PROTECTION AND DISABLE YOUR NORTON FIRE WALL PROTECTION, AND YOUR TOTAL ACCESS MAIL BOX WILL WORK.  I THINK NORTON IS WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM

BOB, WHO STARTED HAVING THIS PROBLEM AFTER I UPDATED MY NORTON YESTERDAY.
After having months of problems with signing on, mail and lots more, I am letting my Norton Antivirus lapse.  My computer is now working like it used to...like clockwork.  If anyone has had a positive experience with Norton please let me know.  Maybe I have been doing something wrong all this time.

Jude