Dear All,

It was so gratifying to hear the issue of banding raised. Two and a half years ago, I got TM at the T5,6 region. I am blessed to be able to walk again and for that I am grateful. It wasn't without mentail adjustment of my new feet however. I feel the same things you feel, those of you who wrote that there are turniquette like sensations in your calves to the toes.
In the beginning I had banding, tight tight banding around my torse but that seems to have lessened with time.
I am soo grateful to have found shoes for the season which don't worsen the constricted feeling and helf with the cold sensation, "Merrill's (not sure of the spelling). The are a godsend for those with that banding in the toes.

There were many nights I thought, " I can't deal with this.." it felt truly clautrophobic. But I've made a deal with myself. I don't allow myself to go on about 'forever' - we don't know that we will always feel this way, just as we don't know that we won't, right?

As for adjustments - I find running easier than walking and standing. I cannot do the bike as the pressure seems to go straight for the lower extremities, so I either do the eliptical or walk for a few min. or run for a few min..

anyway, thanks for bringing this up. I felt alone in this maddening symptom and welcome anymore suggestions on how to deal with it.

thank you,
Harriet