Hey, where is everyone?  It's almost 8:30 p.m. and there is absolutely nobody around!

What?  Is there a PTA meeting or something?  You know, Dave and I don't have children so when something like this comes up, we don't know anything about it.

Dave went ahead and left for work at the usual time of around 4 p.m.  There was nothing special to keep him home except for a small pin-sized open pressure sore on my butt.  He looked it over, made the call and decided it didn't warrant his taking the night off.

It's really hurting right now and I ought to put this computer up and get the weight of it off of my lap, adding to the pressure.  My casts hurt too.  It's time for evening pain medication...

One of these days, when stem-cell research is behind us and 'plegics are walking all over the place, pain medication, in all kinds of addictive forms, will be a thing of the past.

As will, of course, all other diseases of the body and soul.

And...all things will be right with the world.

And, maybe we will be lucky enough to be still living.

My nickel's worth.....
Jude