Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] osteoporosis

Hi Roger,

Good to hear from you. First of all I notice you are from Kennewick WA. I live in Bothell and worked at Plaza Ins for 31 years. Did you have your insurance with Plaza and do you know Tom Allen?? Small world if you do.

I actually had seizures prior to TM. I also have Sjogrens Syndrome (an autoimmune disease I have been treated for since 1988) The seizures continued 3 years into TM. The doctors always related the seizures to the autoimmune disease. I finally had the ambulatory 24-hour test (fun) and it showed that I had a lot of seizure activity during the 24 hours. Therefore I was put on Lamictal, which can be a very dangerous drug, but I was put on it very slowly. I have tolerated it well. And have not had any more seizures since the beginning of the med. Thank goodness. The doctors really don't know for sure - but I had never had a seizure until I had the first autoimmune disease (Sjorgrens). No answers, really. I have learned, unfortunately, that if you have more than 2 seizures you are labled as having epilepsy. Epilepsy only means several seizures during a short period of time. Not one or two over a period of years. My doctors don't know any more than! yours!  Nice huh. Please write back - I'd like to know if you are the same person we had insured all those years at Plaza Ins.

The best to you with your health
Linda (Cherpeski) Bothell, WA
P.S. How long have you had TM and where are your lesions?

From: "ROGER C PRATT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi Linda, I don't post often, but read all the posts everyday.  I don't know how osteoporosis is for men, but I do know about seizures.  I had seizures for two years before my TM diagnosis (none since).  I was put on a number of medications (Febatol, Tegretol, Dilantin, Depakote) which I had allergic reactions to (rashes) when I tried to get to therapeutic dosages.  I was finally put on primidone, and that was discontinued when I was diagnosed with TM.  I have often wondered if the seizures were early signs of TM since I only passed out on my first seizure and only had jerking seizures from then on.  Once I got steroids by IV for 3 days, the seizures stopped.  I've had muscle spasms off and on, but no seizures.  My doctors don't know (at least can't explain) what the relationship was between the seizures and TM.  Interesting question.  Do your doctors have any explanations.

All my best, Roger - Kennewick, WA