Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:09 AM
Subject: [TMIC] Loss of a Friend

Hello List members,
I know that there are several of my friends who have been subscribed to the list for the past 9 or more years, who have had the opportunity to meet and get to know Dick and Deanne Gilmur, the parents of a young child who was diagnosed with transverse myelitis when she was 18 months old.  Because of their strength and their quest for more information about TM and finding a cure for their daughter, while at the same time raising awareness of TM throughout the world, Dick and Deanne started The Transverse Myelitis Association.  Because of their hard work back then, today we have endless opportunities to share our information, share our daily experiences and daily frustrations, and medical centers worldwide are more aware of TM when one of us first comes into the hospital with our paralysis and other problems.

I am very sad to report that Dick Gilmur passed away this week after a 2 year battle with mantle cell lymphoma.  He died at his home in Tacoma, Washington.  We will miss him so much.