I have also started on Lyrica:  my pain had been minimal for the last 3
years, but had been increasing in intensity and location this past 6
months.  So my doc gave me a sample to try.  It does help a lot with the
burning and tingling.  I questioned him about the increases in nerve pain
after all this time, because I worried about progressive nerve damage in
the areas between the spine and the legs and feet where the pain is.  He
didn't think there was any more damage, just some differences in nerve
message.
Cora