I think what doctors see as a "light case" must be tempered by what they
see as "impairment in function".  I probably have 85% of the function back
from BTM,(what a wonderful clinical term! :-))  But the "life as we knew
it" is way more than 15% affected---more like 90%

I went to the dr. a week or so ago for an infected toe:  and of course,
any infection on a part of the body that has no sensation is SERIOUS.  He
pierced it with a needle to drain it, and of course I could feel
nothing--I wonder if he was doubting that--but I believe this convinced
him.  Then an antibiotic.  And he is having me try Lyrica, too.  The
smallest dose is ok, but 100 mg. makes me dopey--no pain, but dopey.

Cora