Hi Sally,

I have recently started on Lyrica and I feel much better.  I was on tegratol for the banding in my torso and also for the pins and needles feeling and funny feelings in my legs and feet.  I tried it because I was having so much pain in  my legs it was getting hard to function.  Now after 4 weeks on Lyrica the pain in my legs it all gone!  And I am off the tegratol.  The first week or 2  was kind of in a fog but now I feel fine.  It really is a great med.

Lynn in RI
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:37 PM
Subject: [TMIC] another UPDATE on LYRICA

Good evening everybody

Well I am on my 3rd week now of Lyrica, I am taking 150 mgs at night now and no Neurotin. In the morning I take 75 mgs of Lyrica and 600 mgs of Neurotin. Next week I take 150  2 x days and no Neurinton.

The one thing I may have as a small side affect is I am still taking a nap but I am still on both. I never got sleepy taking 3,600 mgs so I will see what happens next week.

My knees are still great, no swelling feeling, my ankles fell even better, can move them all around and still very light feeling along with my knees. I still have the numbness and banding in my feet has not changed, plus the numbness in the pelvic area it still the same. it has not changed.  My elbows seem pretty good so far, no pain from tennis elbow. I can walk a little longer and not so tired, plus my energy is still good and hope my body will get to share that feeling too, LOL If I can get the upper and lower part to work together I will be so happy.

I am totally amazed at how well this med is working!! I looked back to Oct and Nov and saw a lot mentioned about Lyrica and can't see how I missed it but I had my own grief to deal with so I will say that was the reason. I hope more will try this and see how well they will do on Lyrica.

My friends on my RP group are doing great too. Claudia has haaaaad Fibro for 20 years and she went on the go for 3 days. She had all she could do just to get from her house to the drs plus most all her pain from shingles is gone. She had a lot of shingles on her body too. My PHN of shingles is gone, left over skin nerve damage after 7 years! She is at her sister's and as soon as I hear from her on how well she is doing I will pass it along to you all.

My other friend who 1st tired this is still doing great and is so  greatful I told her about it. She was in a lot of pain and has a lot of energy back, she is on the go again. When she writes us I will send that along too, she is on vacation again. I am so happy for them and those on here that are having good luck with this med.

When my nephew gets to see if his dr will let him take Lyrica too, I am waiting to see how he does. He has Fibro and CFS for 12 years and he never wants to try anything new that no one else is taking for his illness.

Well enough for now and sure hope I do as well on my full dose, can't wait!!! Take care and know you are all in my prayers.
Love you all
Sally
NC