actually B12 can help us anyway, it helps the nerves and nerve damge I was told...so I take a good multi with a fair amt of b12 in it...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Rosalie: The neurologist gave me a tm diagnosis, but also noted that I
had a B-12 deficiency. When I went to the 2004 Symposium, Dr Kerr noted
that a differential diagnosis (some other ailment that might look like tm
that might be present, and if found to be true, would supercede the tm
diagnosis) is B-12 deficiency. When I heard that, I asked him
specifically about it--subsequently became his patient, went to him, and
he confirmed that B-12 deficiency caused my spinal cord demyelination, at
L5/S1. A classic case, he said. Doesn't change the fact that the damage
I have causes the exact same symptoms, so I live with it like the rest of
you- and I hang around this bunch because you all are the best thing
since sliced bread! I love you all!

Cora

> Of course so
> far I have no diagnosis. First thought it was Guilliane-Barre Syndrome,
> then
> TM, but my neurologist says it was a spinal cord stroke and is quite sure
> about it.
> In any case I have most of the symptons that most of you have but
> fortunately not alot of pain. Some nerve pain that is like sciatic pain
> but only
> in the evening.
> Also, the more I lie around the worse I feel. If I spend more time
> walking (with a walker of course and using mostly hands) then I dont get
> as
> stiff and ill feeling. I cant stand on my own yet but am working on it
> and thats
> because the muscles in my butt and my hamstrings are not working,
> Thanks, Rosalie

Krissy Zodda
Tri State Support Group Leader
http://www.geocities.com/tmladyk/home.html