There is no physically possible way for Mars to look that large.  If
it were as large as the moon, that would mean the earth would orbit
Mars and become one of its moons, which would be a problem.

Basically this is the second time in a few years that Mars will be
this close, it happened again two or three years ago, and at that time
Mars was even closer than it will be this time.  Essentially all you
will see that is different is a slightly larger red dot in a decent
power telescope than you would normally see--nothing spectacular.

Sorry to disappoint those that were expecting to see Mars as big as the moon,

Terry

> The Red Planet is about to be spectacular!

> Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.

I think this is BOGUS.  Mars may appear large, but not,"  as large as the full moon
to the naked eye."