I've looked into the different phone service plans to try to save money. The problem I have with any VOIP service is that 911 doesn't work the same. They all mention this in the fine print. Also since the phone service is over your high speed internet access (DSL or Cable) it goes through your dsl or cable "modem", so during a power outage you have no phone access either.