I pay $179.00 month ($43 of that is for unlimited long distance, call waiting, voicemail, etc.) via cable and my cable service with HDTV, DVR (TIVO), Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, hundreds of channels.  This does not include the internet.  It wouldn't be but only a few dollars less to drop the Showtime, HBO, etc.  It's the same if you have one or three.   So we have everything.  It's a monopoly here in Charlotte, NC.  Nothing else to get except Time Warner or you have to have a satelite.  I hate paying so much for television, but with TM, I watch so much more than I used to.  So, why not enjoy it, right.  For phone, yes there are lots of companies, but they all run through Bell South's equipment.  They have never successfully been able to install a working line for me, that's why I went with cable.  I lose connection sometimes and am not happy with the service at all (phone only).   But, I don't know ! what else to do at this point.
-Sandy Brassil
Charlotte, NC

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 8:14 AM
Subject: [TMIC] Re: tmic-digest Digest V2006 #150

BARBARA, I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR YOUR PHONE BILLS. HERE I HAVE WHATS CALLED COMPLETE CHOICE FROM BELL SOUTH . IT HAS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE DSL FAST DIAL UP, IN THE PLAN. I PAY LESS THAN 70 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR ALL THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED.
I AM NOW WAITING FOR THE DSL FASTER DIAL UP THEY GIVING A NEW LOWER RATE.
THEY CAN HAVE PROBLEMS IN ARES YOU LIVE IN. 15, 20 WHATEVER IS BETTER THAN SAVING NOTHING.
                            BEST WISHES PAM