Wooo Hoooooo  Patti,
Congratulations.  I know how much you liked riding before.

Heather in Calgary

To: "tmic-list-at-eskimo.com" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: [TMIC] a milestone

I'm sitting at my computer resting from our perfect Labor Day weekend.
I rode a bicycle for 3 to 4 minutes yesterday.  Wow!
It was a goal I set for myself and I was determined to do it. Bike riding was one of the enjoyments TM took from me. Sunday was the 3 yr anniversary of my last bike ride and I know my balance problems are in my torso and legs, not in my brain. I borrowed a small bike that allowed my feet to firmly touch the ground when sitting on the seat. I took a deep breath and started riding toward 4 people who thought I was totally nuts. I rode right past them with my head held high and a grin on my face. I felt like I was flying! I quit as soon as my muscles started cramping, but who knows what the future holds. I'm still soaring from that short ride.
(I still use a cane.)
Patti - Michigan