From: Deb Casey
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: 10/7/2006 11:57:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] today's feat

Hi Ann in Ireland, and everyone else on the list.
I also drive with hand controls. I have a couple of questions for you...
Ann, you mentioned that you don't have any control with your feet. I don't have normal movement with my left and hardly any in my right leg. My lesions are from T8-T10. Right now I'm driving a van with a lift and a power seat that I transfer into. This was a godsend for me 2 years ago.
I have recurring TM and each episode has left me with more disability, but I am getting stronger and feel like I'm ready for a regular sedan with a chairtopper. I'm getting alot of opposition from my family but I've always been independent and it drives me nuts to be driving this huge vehicle with just me.
Also, do you have a powerchair? or do you have a man! ual wheelchair?
If there are any other chair people who are driving I'd love to get some feedback. Right now I'm in a breezy chair and if I get a car with a chairtopper i'll have to invest in a lighter chair.
Another concern is the resale of the van. adapting it was quite expensive and i was wondering if anyone has recently sold an adapted van and how you made out.
I've been in the background for awhile just reading all of your mail. Your experiences and advice are invaluable. I'm always overwhelmed by how generous you all are with your experiences and knowledge.
I love you all!
Deb C. in MI.