Good evening Group,

I'm Newbie Michelle from Bothell, WA who was just diagnosed several weeks ago with MS.  9/10 I awoke to the numbness again in my legs only to be hospitalized two days later.  Not walking without assistance the symptoms only increased throughout the week.  2000 I was diagnosed with TM after an attack with all the same symptoms but recovered with little limitations.  Now just finishing finally my prednisone/steroids I am improving daily.  Now walking again on my own just a little wobbly at times ;-) and muscles are strengthening.  My hands are still asleep with pins and needles though due to my lesion being at C5 this time whereas before it was T5-T7.  I know that I am fortunate to be recovering again and walking on my own again.  I am grateful and blessed.  The doctors want to put me on Copaxone (daily injection).  I wanted to ask if anyone is on this, their experience with it and if insurance covers this medication.  I received a letter from Shared Solutions, which is through PPARX (Partnership for Prescription Assistance) who stated that insurance companys did not cover this.  We currently do not unfortunately have medical insurance and this prescription is $1,300 to $1,500 a month.  OUCH!  Who can afford that!  We are applying for PPARX assistance of course.  Also has any MSrs out there discovered any successful alternative treatments.  Is Copaxone my only option?  {sigh} Thanks!!!

Michelle
Bothell, WA
TM2000 to MS2006