I have a jazzy. a plain jane model,1 motor, 2 batteries, key for on/off,
toggle for forward/backward, speed control dial. the battery lasts for over 12
hrs. and recharges overnight. the only drawback is 3 wheels - 4 wheels would be
better for less tipping hazard. cost is around $700. it breaks down for storage
in cars. seat comes off, handle folds down but it's heavy, 2 people to lift it
into the car trunk. I also have a platform that attaches onto the hitch to
carry the scooter, it drives right up onto it. We don't ever use it now though,
since i have the van with the lift. The only problem I have is in the bottoms
of my feet. I find the pressure very painful, which is why i don't use the legs
on my wheelchair either. I don't walk, so if I'm not driving the van, I
transfer into the car and they store my chair or scooter. Good luck, Deb C in
Mi.--- On Sun 11/26, ROBERT COOK < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:From: ROBERT
COOK [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:17:18 -0600Subject:
RE: [TMIC] Scooter recommendations?NOT ANYTHING BY JAZZY OR PRIDE, PLEASE. MINE
SUCKS THE BIG ONE, SEVEN SETSOF MOTORS, FOUR SETS OF WHEELS AND TIRES, TWO
WHOLE BASE UNITS AND IT STILLSUCKS.ALSO, I HEARD SOME HMO'S WILL NOT BUY THEM
ANYMORE.I GUESS IF YOU ONLY USE IT IN A NURSING HIME, IT MIGHT DO.BOB>
[Original Message]> From: Jim Lubin > To: > Date: 11/25/2006 5:53:51
PM> Subject: [TMIC] Scooter recommendations?>> Pauline is look for a
scooter and would like to know if anyone has > any recommendations? >

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.