  From: Jim Lubin    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL
PROTECTED] ; Tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] re: Stem Cells

           I am not sure why our President has a problem with this since he has
no conscience with sending another 21,000 to potentially be slaughtered.

  I don't see how the two issues are even remotely connected. But since you
brought it up... I'm sure if the news reported on a daily bases how may
Americans are killed each day in this country due to violent crimes we would be
just as depress about being in the United States.

  My brother, who is a 1LT in the USAR and a company commander, just had
another solider re-enlist this past week. When he asked her why she wanted to
re-enlist she said it was because she has not deployed anywhere yet and she
wanted to deploy with this Company. This is a solider who is currently in grad
school. I'm proud of my brother and glad there are other Americans willing to
volunteer to serve in our military knowing they can be sent to potentially
dangerous places. One of my brothers units is currently deployed in Iraq. Seven
of the 15 soldiers volunteered to go on this deployment, this after just
returning from a deployment in 2004.

  American's just expect everything to happen overnight. The new Iraqi
government has only existed less than 1 year! We were still in German and Japan
for 10 YEARS after the end of WWII because the situation was still dangerous.
Should we have just abandon those young governments? It takes time to build a
military from scratch.

  ----
  Jim Lubin
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]