Good Afternoon all,

  I apologize if you misunderstood.  I was not attempting to sell something.
That was not my intention.  I have not posted about this since my improvement
had really been taking off in September, for fear someone would misunderstand.
My improvement has been so substantial that I felt sharing this could help some
of you suffering from TM symptoms.

  I have not implied this will cure anything, only that my experience with
glyconutrients is that it provides the necessary nutrients for my body that has
allowed my cells to properly communicate and my body has begun to repair.  I
really wanted to share my experience with these technologies since lately there
have been so many posts on the list from people in so much pain and suffering
from the symptoms of TM and MS and I no longer have these symptoms.  They are
not being masked by drugs anymore they are actually gone.  I feel like I have
been given a second chance at life.  I no longer spend 70% of my day in bed.  I
am enjoying my girls and husband so much.  Life is a joy for me again!

  My internal medicine doctor, who I have been seeing for two and a half years,
is absolutely amazed at the change in me.  My doctor has had me on many
supplements and was doing acupuncture since I started seeing him.  I did have
some improvement in some symptoms but my body had never had any real healing.
In June when I began taking Glyconutrients I was taking six side effect heavy
medications and I am now down to one, at a half dose, and I am tapering off
this one as we speak.

  I am not knocking other supplements and natural nutrients.  I still take my
fish oil and I agree this is a very helpful supplement!  I also still take a
Cranberry & Buchu product from Nature’s Sunshine to help prevent bladder
infections.  I used to take 12 a day I now only take 4 due to the helpful
effects of Glyconutrients.  Our bodies still need the raw materials to perform
the daily activities and repairs – Glyconutrients does not replace these
important needs for basic raw materials, exercise, water, etc… it only provides
a missing set of materials that are critical to our bodies ability to properly
function as intended.

  I am really not going to spend a lot of time disputing what the Internet has
spewed out about glyconutrients, you know they even say Elvis is still alive on
the Internet as well, but only leave you with this: Most of those negative
reports are from those who already have a predisposed negative view about these
products and marketing tools.  Yes, it is network marketing and they are not
being sly or coy about their product, but due to FDA regulations they CANNOT
talk to you about specific products only Glyconutrients in general related to
results.

  I do want to mention the “ratbags” web site as much of their evidence is
skewed in its view and not balanced, an example is the PDF document referencing
the tree sourcing by the company.  If viewed with the lens that this is already
negative you would assume that the use of the fibers in the glyconutrients was
simple fiber to fill the product, but if you actually looked at the product and
used and studied where the saccharides come from it you would notice the
wording about where these fibers are used.  It is a statement about the use of
the quality fiber used in a completely separate product line, NOT the primary
glyconutrient supplement (I have been on the primary supplement since June of
last year).  And furthermore, the saccharides are derived from these types of
plants in a patented extraction process anyway, so the raw material might look
a little funny in a press release.

  If you are interested in real science about glyconutrients, please look at
real science journals and web sites – Journal of Anatomy, Embryology and Cell
Biology devoted and entire issue of their publication Acta Anatomica Vol.161,
No. 1-4, 1998 publication to the topic of the glycosciences OR Science
Magazine, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Association for the
Advancement of Science (AAAS), devoted its 23 March 2001, Volume 291, Issue
5512 to carbohydrates and glycobiology.  Look at JAMA and many others, these
will dispel many of the “urban legends” around glycobiology.

  Well if anyone is left reading at this point I just want to say that I felt
that people on this list could benefit from what I have used and had great
improvement with.!
Have a great day!  Jenna

Kathryn Keen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I was interested in the claims made in
Jenna's post on Glyconutrients,
(http://www.vitalcarbs4life.com/ http://www.glycoscience.org/) but
felt it sounded a bit like a sales pitch. I did a web search and found
many sites selling the same thing with the almost the same wording as
one another. It sounded a bit like a pyramid selling scheme. None seem
to actually describe the product they're selling in any details, or give
prices or ingredient lists etc. but all make these really huge claims.
I also came upon this site, which gave a different perspective, and
refuted claims about some of the studies:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/mannatech.htm
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/mannatech060910.pdf

Having said that though, Jenna, I'm not disputing your claims, and would
be very interested in any treatment or supplement that actually works.
Like everyone else here, I'd love to be cured or at least to find
something that relieves the suffering a bit (or a lot!). I have noticed
since being struck down by TM that I sometimes get huge sugar cravings
and eat lollies when I do. I never used to have a sweet tooth, but now
I do. I don't pig-out on them all the time, (because my legs are
already wasted heaps from a yr in a wheelchair, and I don't want to have
to put on extra weight for them to have to try to hold up, as I'm now
managing to walk a bit now with a Canadian crutch), but the
sugar-craving is something I've noticed. I wonder if that's something
to do with the claims of the sites on the Glyconutrients about sugars?
Maybe it's just coincidence, but I did wonder if my body may be needing
more sugars or something, when I had these real cravings for something
sweet.

One doctor I saw while having a scan done suggested to me that fish oil
supplements and glucosamine are useful in demylenating diseases, as they
will help protect it in some way. I take the fish oil, as I'm a
vegetarian (not any more I guess :), and think maybe I've been missing
out on something in the diet. (Although no way I could bring myself to
eat meat though).. But I haven't tried the glucosamine yet as it's too
expensive, and I'm only barely struggling to make ends meet as it is.
Has anyone tried the glucosamine? None of these things is actually a
'cure' or anything, but just maybe a maintenance thing to try to keep as
well as possible, under the circumstances.

I do get a bit worried at some of the quackery that targets sick people,
who are desperate for cures or relief, and are probably an easy target
for unscrupulous people to make money out of. But if anything would
give some relief, then it would be great. I just don't want to be
ripped off, because it's so hard to manage with being sick anyway.

I agree with others that have written in here, with the pain. I've
found the constant pain is the worst part of this. My back pain just
won't go away. Some days it's not as bad as others, but it's always
there. I find when I've tried to push myself to do more, I tend to pay
for it over the following days with heaps more pain and fatigue. After
the back pain, the legs and feet are next worst, with the pain and
frozen feeling and banding. But all my joints seem so incredibly
painful at times too. It's just relentless. Then there's the spasms
and twitching legs; and not being able to go to the loo without heaps of
laxatives every day, or to even push properly. I'm taking 200mg
Tramadol morning and night for the pain, and Neurontin (which I can
barely afford, so only take a little, as it's not on the PBS for
neuropathic pain here, and costs almost $100 a packet at most chemists),
and Baclofen for the spasticity, (which has made a huge difference for
me). I still sometimes need to take Endone in the middle of the day if
the pain becomes too severe. I've tried going off the Tramadol, as I
don't want to become dependant on it, but the pain is just unbearable
when I do. 200mg Tramadol is the biggest dose available and is long
acting, and at least gives me relief. It's been over a year since I was
struck down by TM, and I would have hoped that the severity of the pain
in my back might have subsided by now, but it's still really bad.

Well, thanks for listening.

Kathryn Keen
NSW Australia
(where it's sweltering hot; the weather forecasters have predicted
46deg. C (about 115 deg F) heat on Sunday, and there's fires raging out
of control in many areas across the country, and our town's water supply
is now down to 13% due to drought, and with level 5 water restrictions
likely to be implemented in March if we don't get heaps of rain in the
catchment in that time).

Looking for earth-friendly autos?