I have been taking 3000mg of vitamin C daily for 7 or 8 years now, at the recommendation of my doctor who take the same amount himself.

I also take NF Formulas Spectrient w/o Iron (see what it contains here http://www.integrativeinc.com/go/integrativeinc/_productdetails.aspx?alias=integrativeinc&tabalias=_productdetails&partcode=196004 ). Again this was also at the specific recommendation of my doctor.