Available

> MedWatch - The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
>
> FDA Patient Safety News (PSN) is a monthly video news show for
> healthcare professionals.  It covers significant safety alerts, recalls,
> new product approvals, and offers important tips on protecting patients.
> Read the complete stories and watch or download the video program at
> http://www.fda.gov/psn.  You may have already received notification of
> some of these safety issues through the MedWatch list serve.  However,
> many of these PSN stories contain video footage and demonstrations that
> may be especially useful to educators in healthcare facilities and
> academic institutions.
>
> Stories in the April 2007 edition include:
>
> New Breast Cancer Prognostic Test
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#1
>
> Narrower Indications and New Warnings for Ketek
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#2
>
> Higher Mortality when Treating Certain Anemias with Erythropoietic
> Agents
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#3
>
> Update on Avoiding Gadolinium-Containing Contrast Agents in Patients
> with Renal Failure
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#4
>
> Alert on Custom Ultrasonics Endoscope Washers and Disinfectors
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#5
>
> Warning on Using Cough and Cold Medicines in Young Children
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#6
>
> Safe Use of Pneumatic Tourniquet Cuffs
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#7
>
> Dangers of Patient-Applied Local Anesthetic Skin Products
> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/psn/transcript.cfm?show=62#8

> To ensure delivery of these timely alerts to your in-box and prevent
rejection of the notice by a spam filter, please add our MedWatch address,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], to your address book.

> Thank you for using FDA MedWatch as a trusted source for timely safety
information on drugs, devices and diagnostics regulated by the U.S. Food
and Drug Administration. If you find this e-mail notification helpful,
please consider telling colleagues and friends about MedWatch and this
e-mail notification process.  They can learn more and subscribe to the
e-list at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/feedback.htm