Kevin,
  In fact one of my friends from work had Carpal Tunnel surgery yesterday.  I
guess the pain in UNBEARABLE at times and she had a spur of the moment surgery
because she couldn't stand it anymore.  Some people live with it for years
though.
  It's hard to say in our cases with TM as a factor too.
  The surgery isn't that invasive and the recovery time is pretty quick too. If
it's bothering you that much, get one hand dont and see if it improves your
hand and arm pain.  If it doesn't, then it might just have to be chalked up to
the TM I guess???
  Jill

Kevin Wolfthal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear Friends,

Place this under the 'feel like tearing your hair out' category.

Last year I had a neurologist and an orthopedist tell me I
have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. This was after
having MRI's and EMG's.

Then I went to a hand surgeon. He sent me for another
EMG because my (former) neurologist 'lost' the EMG
results. (I noticed they still accepted the $1200.00
for the EMG from my insurance, who I reported
them to but said they can do nothing).

The new EMG apparently shows nerve problms
in many nerves in my arms, so the hand surgeon
doesn't think it's CTS anymore and can't help me.
So now I have to start over with new tests, new
neurologist...

I just read that one of my BP meds, metoprolol,
can cause numbness in the hands as a side effect.
I'm having a physical on Monday and will ask
about this.

I know I've asked about carpal tunnel syndrome before,
so please forgive me for asking again. If anyone has
had CTS, would you mind relating your experience
from symptoms to diagnosis and correction? Were
you ever told that other nerves in your arms were
affected?

Thanks all,
Kevin

www.greatamericanbeanbag.com