I had a follow up visit with the neurosurgeon who did the AVM surgery on my
spinal cord in March.  This very delicate procedure was a big success, and he
was obviously very proud of the result, except that......  I don't feel any
better.......  I can't tell that the surgery has made any difference in my
condition.  There isn't much that can be done, he said...  Should I continue
seeing a neurologist every 3 months when it's obvious that she pretty much
dismisses me, I asked?  Probably not, he said.  Physical therapy and exercising
 is the best thing you can do, and then he added:  That's why there is your
support group...