Thanks to everyone who shared their testimony - I really appreciated it.
I too believe that my TM has been a blessing to me (though I don't always think
of it that way on a day to day basis!  :)  But I truly believe that good has
come from it, in many ways.
So yes, it's frustrating, and certainly not something I would have planned!
But I'm old enough to realize that the Lord knows better than I do, what I need
to learn.  I'm not necessarily inclined to think that He specifically planned
TM for me, but I do believe that he ALLOWED it to happen, knowing that no
matter what kind of negative things happen to us, all things are possible if we
place our trust in HIm, and therefore we can not only handle it, but even
benefit from it.  (And above all, I probably needed practice in not only having
faith, but in learning to exercise it by putting my trust in HIm in this
challenge that TM offers!)
So thanks for the suggestion, Trudy, that helps us to focus on the positive
instead of just the negative!
Sally