In a message dated 8/28/2007 1:42:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes:
  Pharmacies only give certain ammounts of meds, determined by how often you
are supposed to take the meds.  If you are taking Valium 3 per day, when the
prescription says 2 per day, you may be labeled a drug abuser.

  Get your doctor to write a new prescription!!

   Jude responds 9/1/07
I'm a bit surprised by your advice, Frank.  While you are perfectly correct at
advicing the writer to see the doctor for a new prescription, isn't it always
prudent (with a drug such as Valium, with a high degree of addictive tendency)
to advice a patient to maintain the prescribed amount the doctor wanted the
patient to try for a while?

Valium is highly addictive and the writer is obviously showing traits of an
addictive/dependent personality.

I (Gary) wrote initially about Valium.  After Frank's response I wrote to him
apologizing for not being clear, although I thought I had been.  I do not take
more than prescribed, which is 5mg. twice a day and, in fact, I usually do not
take even that-some days one, other days none but sometimes I take two--never
three so, Jude, I don't think I'm showing traits of an addictive dependent
personality.  All I was asking is if others take Valium, and my concern was
that I seem to need to take it more often than I used to---again, NO MORE THAN
TWO A DAY but in the past I could go a few days with none but now a little more
often.

So again, my question is, has this happened to any others?Anyone know why I
might need it more (for spasms) than, say, a year ago?  But again, I am not
abusing it.  Thank you for your concern and sorry if I sounded like I was
taking more than prescribed.

Gary in Michigan