Candy,
  Why does your doctor recommend Provigil?
  I once complained to the neuro about being so tired all the time.  She
thought Provigil would help.  It didn't.  I think that the fatigue is part of
our neurological disease, I can't imagine why Provigil would help.  It didn't
help me and I didn't like the side effects.
  My daughter takes it and likes it for Attention Deficit.
  Incidentally, imagine a big meeting with many executives in a conference room
with managers around the table making their presentations.  One of them, a dear
friend of mine, would fall asleep at the table.  It was funny, but it wasn't,
and very embarrassing.  It took a long time to figure out he wasn't partying
all night, he had a sleeping disorder for which Provigil among other things
could have been appropriate.
  Just my experience.  Perhaps someone else would advise you to try it.
  Take care Candy,