  From: Neil McNeil<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
tmic-list@eskimo.com<mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:46 AM
  Subject: RE: [TMIC] Lidocaine infusions

  Hello Frank et all:

  I was involved in the study involving both dextromethorphen and lidocaine
infusions conducted by Dr. Sang at Brigham & Womens hospital in Boston. When
the lidocaine was administered at a higher dose I did recieve very good pain
relief. I was also......much higher than usual so it may not be practical if
one is still working. It's a long story but I found that high dose lidocaine ,
while great pain relief, also caused you to say "interesting" things........

  In any event...the work that Dr.Sang and her amazing team does is so
important. We should be thankful for her efforts.

  Regards to all,

  Neil
  ( this morning in beautiful Cape Breton)

  > Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:11:19 -0400
  > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  > Subject: [TMIC] Lidocaine infusions
  >

  > Did I mention that I've been getting Lidocaine infusions every 4 to 6 weeks
for the past year?

  > The infusions are done as an outpatient. I go in take off the shirt and
they put EKG leads on me and start an IV, then drip in 2 to 3 mg per Kg of a
dilute solution of Lidocaine- the whole procedure takes about an hour- then I
get dressed and leave.

  > The infusions decrease my overall pain so I need less of other meds, have
fewer "Bad days", and just feel "Better."

  > The idea came from Dr. Christine Sang at Harvard.
  >
  > Has anyone else tried Lidocaine infusions??

  Access your files from anywhere with Windows Live SkyDrive! Sign up now and
get 5GB of space FREE!<http://g.msn.ca/ca55/209>