Akua, how does a person get into these programs?  I know they're going on
all over but how do they chose their patients?

Jeanne

-------Original Message-------

From: Akua
Date: 4/7/2008 10:29:52 AM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Q Cells to Fix Me!

This sounds even better than the nose cells!

http://www.qthera.com/

Every year, millions of people suffer from debilitating diseases of the
central nervous system (CNS) that traditional pharmaceutical and
biotechnology products cannot repair. Q Therapeutics is working to address
this medical challenge with new cellular products intended to restore normal
function in damaged nervous system tissues. Our first product, Q-CellsĀ, is
designed to replace myelin on injured neurons.  Our initial focus includes
testing in transverse myelitis and use of Q-Cells as a unique drug screening
tool to identify follow-on pharmaceutical products.

Q-Cells will target treatment of demyelinating diseases such as transverse
myelitis, multiple sclerosis (MS), and potentially certain traumatic spinal
cord injuries.  Q-Cell products may also be developed to address other
diseases, including cerebral palsy, stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease), and Parkinson's Disease.

Additionally, Q-Cells will be used for screening to expedite development of
follow-on pharmaceutical products. By incorporating Q Therapeutics' cells in
the screening and development process, companies can test their therapeutic
candidates in the living cells that generate the entire central nervous
system.

Q-Cells will be manufactured at the University of Utah's Cell Therapy
Facility, in accordance with FDA requirements.  The product will then be
shipped to specialty neurology centers as an off-the-shelf cell therapy.
        *       In models of human disease, Q-Cells can repair damaged
neurons.
*       In these disease models, Q-Cells act locally within the central
nervous system, following endogenous cues to mimic what occurs normally.
        *       By following their genetic programming, Q-Cells use natural
processes to remyelinate damaged neurons.
        *       No abnormal effects have been observed in studies involving
Q-Cells.

Akua
--

http://www.healrecover.blogspot.com