I use a range of different things depending on the type of irritation

Hydrocortisone 1%
A&D ointment
Shea butter
Neosporin
Baby creme
Zinc Oxide

It sounds like you need to stop the abrasion as well as heal the irritation .
( I don't think of what you described as a "sore" in the same sense
as pressure sores)

Best,
Akua

ok, I have a question now. My daughter was at Hershey park this past Saturday, walking around all day. When she came home she took off her leg brace and realized that she had a huge sore on the side of her foot where the footplate rests against her foot. It is about the size of a quarter. Her bone there protrudes some so I guess that is what really made that area more susceptible to getting a sore. What should I be putting on it to get it healed quickly?

Tracey L. Black