Hey people. I just talked to Norman Wright, a very old frined of mine from
way back. I met Norm when I was a mere child of 15 when we went to New York to
re-record Rama Lama Ding Dong for those of you who are children of the late
50's  and early 60'd. Anyway, Dick Biondi who was at WHOT here in Youngstown
wanted us  to go to New York as he had contacted Alan Freed who was at WKBN
here
back then,  and moved from Cleveland to NY. We went and did the song. While
we were waiting  for the pressing, Alan came and asked if we would back up a
group becausethe  studio band hadn't arrived yet, and he wanted to get the new
record pressed. We  went back into the studio, where I met Norman, and
Corinthian ( Cripps )  Johnson. We cut  a record called "Whispering Bells", if
any of
you guys  recall the Del Vikings. If you hear the song played, your gonna hear
brushes at  the beginning on the snare. That's me. Well, I asked Norm if they
would consider  doing a benefit to help with Doug's research. He said ok, but
he'd have to check  with his publicist to when they had an open date. Norm's
gonna put the word pout  to see if we can get more groups to join in. I know I
can get Larry Chance from  the "Earles" if I can find him. I have Biondi's
email so, I'm gonna ask him to  help. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.