Dear List,

(This was written the night Janet passed away,  but I have been hesitant to
send it to the List for various reasons.   Please do not ridicule my thoughts
and more than that, please do not be  offended)

Wow, you sure can't tell me that there aren't  any such thing as Guardian
Angels from Above.

A few minutes ago, after having been asleep for  hours, I awakened to find a
pill bottle in my hand, top off, ready to put  one or more in my mouth.  Thank
God it was only Protonix.  Hands  shaking I replaced the pill, twisted on the
cap and put it on my  night-table.

What a catastrophe that could have been.   Out of all the medication I have
at hand, it was "only" Protonix.   And what woke me suddenly?  Why then, out of
the blue-black  night?

I don't know the side effects of a Protonix  overdose and I don't think I
want to know, but I believe an  Angel woke me up and saved me from possibly
finding out.  My  "troubles" may have all been gone by morning and hopefully I
would be in a  better place, but it is not yet m.y time  Could it have been
Janet?

I believe that we are surrounded by Guardian  Angels from on High watching
over us at all times and that they may change  from time-to-time.  I am left
wondering if it wasn't sweet, generous  Janet on her way upwards to her home in
Heaven?

I know that Janet was sweet and generous because  of the many cards and notes
she took part in sending, keeping me  occupied while I was in the nursing
home.

No one knows, unless they have been there, how  lonely it is not to be able
to get out of bed, even though my new chariot,  with special RoHo cushion,
waited at the ready to take me out into the  halls to be among people I was
getting to know.  But because of the  I.V. treatment for MRSA, I could not
leave my
bed.

During that time, there were many of my friends  from the List who gave of
their time and energy.  I don't believe  that I can name them all without
looking at the all of the cards and  letters I received.  I do know that there
were
at least two angels  looking after me...MS. Pattie, visited regularly,
insisting that I  not be alone even though her own immune system was at risk
from the
deadly  bacteria.  She even came on days when I strictly forbade her not to
because I was not feeling well.  She knew that company was what I  needed and
came anyway. I have not taken the time to let her know in a  public forum, how
much I appreciate all that she did...more often or not,  with her lovely
Mother in tow.  "Thank you  Pattie."

I have often mentioned how my friend from a  ruined city, hammered to the
ground by a hurricane last year, with plenty  of problems of her own, calls me
every day, rain or shine.  Even when  she and her dear Danny were going through
scary times with his health, Pam  never neglected to call me and make me laugh
at least once before she hung  up, on to bigger and better things, leaving me
with hope, for one always  knows TIAD, "Tomorrow Is Another
Day"...Twiddle-De-De,  Scarlet!

And now this Intervention.  Our house was  quiet, all who might have awakened
me, fast asleep.  I believe it may  have been an Angel...Janet?

So my dearest Ken, I hope that it does not  offend you to "hear" me say that
I honestly believe that the Guardian  Angel who woke me from such strange
circumstances, was none other than  your lovey wife, on her way to Heaven,
earning
those Angel's  wings.

Thank you Janet.
Jude